Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Expanded Service from an Old Friend: Library Lit Retrospective

It's cool and snowy here in Seattle, but the annual ALISE conference is progressing well and centered on a topic dear to my heart, "Preparing Reflective Professionals."

The exhibit space is small but represents the sponsors who help support ALISE events. I toured their booths and picked up a brochure announcing the expansion of the Wilson Index, "Library Literature & Information Science" to index publications from 1905 to 1983. What a great feature and so timely for the work that my students and I are doing to identify anniversary events that coincide with my upcoming ALA Presidential Year (June 2007 to early July 2008). Library Lit & Information Science Retrospective also includes full text articles for the 80 year run of Wilson Library Bulletin!

More, soon, from Seattle ....