Sunday, June 04, 2006

Texas Reading Club Day; Our Stories Make Us Strong and other Presentations at ALA/NO

Governor Rick Perry declared Friday, 2 June 2006, Texas Reading Club Day. Congratulations and thank you, all librarians and library workers involved in summer reading clubs!

Like many of you, I'm preparing my ALA schedule. Here are the events where I'm scheduled to speak.

22 June 2006, 1:30 - 3:00. Spectrum Leadership Institute. "Our Stories Make Us Strong."

23 June 2006, 4:00 - 5:00. Panel: "A Library Agenda for Services to Older Adults," with Nancy Kranich, Barbara Ford, and Pat Schuman. I'm speaking about the White House Conference on Aging Recommendations and Their Implications for Native Elders.

24 June 2006, 1:30 - 2:30. Poster Session: Honoring Generations, Developing the Next Generation of Native Librarians. Sandy Littletree and I will set up and she will staff the booth while I am chairing the Committee on Education meeting. In the Exhibits Hall. Rob Yazzie is also scheduled to help.

25 June 2006, 10:30 - noon. "I Don't Know Any Indians." MCC 294. Play AILAWood Squares! How many questions can you answer about Native peoples?

25 June 2006, 1:00 - 2:30. Poster Session: Building a Bridge to TexShare for Rural and Small Public Libraries. Sandy Littletree, Rob Yazzie, and I will set up and staff this booth.